At last I've been tagged, by Debio. I've read other blogs and felt quite left out that I wasn't tagged. But never mind. So here are a few tidbits about moi:
1. I have a phobia about driving over long bridges in cars with electric windows. What happens if the car goes over? How do you get out? When I first met my husband, he confessed to the same phobia, and I knew we were soulmates.
2. I once got back together with a guy who had cheated on me just so I could dump him later. Yes, I can be that ruthless. But he deserved it.
3. My dad and I hated my sister's husband (now ex). He was a jumped-up, philandering bastard. But my sister wouldn't hear a bad word said about him. One Christmas, after encountering my nephew and him with his latest girlfriend, we decided some revenge was in order. So we went to K Mart (cheapo store) and bought the ugliest, nastiest shirts we could find. When we got them home, I cut out the K Mart labels and carefully sewed in Christian Dior labels. We would snigger every time we saw him wear those shirts (oh yes, he wore them). We still laugh about it to this day.
4. I'm not all that bad. I cry quite easily at sad films and advertisements.
5. I was a bit of a wild child, but really don't want my children to turn out that way. So I've taken them to church since they were little and I'm now a Sunday school teacher, but a very bad one because I'm still a bit of a wild child. I hope God and my children forgive me.
6. I grow vegetables every year and have done so since before it was trendy. There's nothing like the taste of home-grown cucumbers (no jokes please) and carrots and tomatoes.
7. My most embarrassing moment involved the window cleaner. I'd been to the gym and come home for a shower. When I got out, I thought I 'd try out my "There's No Business Like Show Business" number in front of the mirror. Naked. With blinds open. Next thing I knew I heard this noise. What are the cats doing upstairs, I thought. Then I saw a shadow. I screamed, ran to the wall and pressed my body to side of the window, not having enough time to grab the towel. I waited till he finished the window and climbed back down. I ran into my bedroom only to see another ladder going up. I still had no clothes on at this point. The only refuge was the hallway, where no windows are. I waited till I thought I could dart downstairs to the utility room and grab some clothes. When he rang the bell, I was fully clothed but with pretty wild hair.
8. For my 50th birthday I want to climb down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (and back up again obviously).
I think you're only supposed to do 8, but here's another one for extra credit:
9. I hate for people to think of me as vulnerable and needy, but sometimes that's exactly what I am.