Tuesday 8 January 2008

Happy Birthday to Me (and Kaycie too)



Yep, I've made it to 48. Hard to believe. I have a busy day planned: hour-long walk with Jake (he needs it or he's impossible in the evening -- actually, he's impossible in the evening anyway), gym (haven't been in a few weeks), lunch with friend, dinner with kids, drinks with friends. No diet today.

Last year I did nothing for my birthday and I felt awful. Not even a glass of wine. And of course hubby was down in London. This year will be different, I decided. I have to take care of myself. I planned to go out with my kids, then my friends called up and asked to take me out. How great is that?

Thinking back to previous birthdays, I've had some real duds. I'm so fortunate in my life now. I just have to remind myself of that from time to time. My daughter got up early and made me a piece of toast and glass of orange juice. Then we went up to my room, got my son up, and opened my presents -- boxing gloves among them. Gotta get out that aggression somehow!

A big kiss to all of you, especially Kaycie and others who were born on this day. We share our birthday (but not our bank account) with Elvis and David Bowie.

18 comments:

Flowerpot said...

a very happy birthday to you and I hope you have a wonderful day. (I know what you mean about lousy birthdays - mine last year was spent in agony with raging toothache!!)

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

A very Happy Birthday to you! Have a fantastic day!

softinthehead said...

Many Happy Returns - sounds like a lovely day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Have a great day. I guess it is a shame you don't share your bank account with David Bowie. Perhaps if you ask nicely, he will share his with you..

Crystal xx

DogLover said...

Many happy returns to you, Wakeupandsmellthecoffee! How nice to be so young!

Enjoyed Jake's contribution, but then I am a dog lover. And almost 30 years older than you ...

Have a marvellous day.

doglover

debio said...

Happy Birthday!

laurie said...

good for you! happy birthday! 48 is peanuts, honey. i'm 51. and yet we still look mah-ve-lous, and much better than david bowie.

Keeping It Real said...

Happy Biiiiirth-daaaayyyy to youuuuu, you liiiiive in a zoooo....nevermind. I'm an awful singer.

Party Like a Rock Star!!!

Kim said...

You and me, Elvis and David Bowie. Pretty damn good company, wouldn't you say?

Enjoy yourself today!

Kelly Innes said...

Merry Birthday Lovely Lady. Hope the drinks are of the bubbly kind. I shall eat a celebratory slice of Viennetta for you....OK, OK, I'll eat half a Viennetta for you!

Candy said...

Hippo birdie two ewes.

J said...

I hope you continue to have a great day - and a fabulous year to follow.

jenny said...

Happy Birthday dearie!! May you have many more to come!! :o) xoxo

Rob Clack said...

Happy Birthday, hope you have a great day!

I have tagged you. I hope you don't mind. Please visit my blog to get the details. The rules state that I should tag 7 random people, which seems strange, so I'm following a chain of links via other people's blogrolls. The chain so far is Trousers->Prada Pixie->you.

Now, who can I find on your blogroll?

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

Thanks very much, everyone. I'm still in lala land, thanks to going out last night. I also forgot to set the alarm so got up an hour late (but still got the kids to school on time).

Vi said...

I hope you had a great day yesterday hon. All this bloody work is affecting me from reading all my blogs daily! (But then I did send you wishes the day before! lol)

Fire Byrd said...

Oh sorry I'm late, but Happy Birthday for yesterday hon.
Glad you enjoyed it.
hugs
pxx

Cate said...

A belated happy birthday to you! Hope you had a good day.