Thursday 4 September 2008

I'm Trying, Really I Am

But bad news still hounds me. There is good news: my stepmother doesn't have cancer. But bad news: I don't think they're speaking to me at the moment. And more bad news: one of my cats, Pearl, has gone missing. She injured her paw and I was trying to catch her to take her to the vet but she ran off and hasn't reappeared. Most unusual for her because she is ruled by her stomach and doesn't miss a mealtime. I've phoned vets. I've made up posters. I've called her name all over the neighbourhood. I can only hope she's holed up in someone's garage or shed or even house while she nurses her sore paw.

Have I mentioned that I hate this year? Someone tell me some good news or a good joke quick. I need to laugh and get rid of this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.

4 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry, sweetie. One of our cats went missing and it made me crazy until she showed up a day or two later locked in the neighbor's garage.

I hope Pearl turns up soon.

As for cheering you up, here's one of my 9 year old's favorite jokes:

Why did Tigger put his head in the toilet?

He was looking for Pooh.

-Ann said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry too and hope that Pearl arrives home soon.

My jokes are all lame, so I'll spare you that. My good news is that the weekend is here. Which might not seem that good, but with the sort of week I've had, 2 days of relaxing would be very welcome.

wakeupandsmellthecoffee said...

kaycie and -ann: Thanks for your good wishes and for reading.

Expat mum said...

Sorry about the cat - but I see you found her.
Just ignore those who aren't speaking to you. It's meant to provoke a reaction and you know you haven't done anything wrong. Or, you could "kill 'em with kindness" giving them no reason to sulk at all.